Monday, May 18, 2009

The Prestige

I had not heard of this movie and went with a Netflix recommendation. Am I glad I did! This came out in 2006 and is about 2 competing magicians at the turn of the 20th century. They continue working on more elaborate and dangerous tricks and sleights of hand and eye. The setting is Victorian London with a trip to see Tesla (of electricity discoveries) in Colorado Springs! It all fits together and when the finale came I was both smiling and horrified. I decided to watch it a second time the next night and think I enjoyed it even more, as things made much more sense. It has a creepiness that, well, creeps up on you as in the middle of the movie on viewing #1 I was engrossed, the cat wandered in and meowed/said hello, and I jumped! I really liked it.

2 comments:

  1. I heard this one was good...maybe I'll check it out now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I've wanted to see as well. I'll get it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete