Sunday, April 19, 2009

Gone Baby Gone

I love the idea of a movie blog, too! Thanks for putting this together!
Ok, so for my first official movie review, I'll do "Gone Baby Gone" since I just rented it On Demand. I'm pretty sure no one would be surprised by my choice to see a movie directed by my honey, Ben Affleck. But my completely unbiased opinion is that this is definitely worth your time. I really think most (if not all) of you would like this film. It's got a great cast of those you know, and some you don't. All give some great performances and the film really moves right along.
It centers around a couple (Casey Affleck and Michelle Monaghan) who are private investigators. They end up being contacted by famiy members of a little girl who has been abducted and we watch the lives of both the investigators, the police involved, and the family of the little girl unravel. And it definitely took a few twists and turns I didn't expect, keeping me on the couch through the whole thing! (which is quite an accomplishment for me to sit still for a full 2 hours).
Definitely recommend this one for a Saturday movie night (though, obviously, not kid-appropriate). I give it two thumbs up!

3 comments:

  1. I saw this after talking about it with friends who were here for dinner. So I already knew more than the above about it. It kept my interest too, and had I not already known the ending, I probably would have had my mouth agape as my friend said she did. I do not think Casey Affleck has the talents of his older brother Ben, as was reinforced by this movie, and I have seen Morgan Freeman gain my interest in other roles, but overall I, like Becky, enjoyed it. My friend is a social worker and she felt very torn by the outcome and what she would have done had she been confronted with this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I've ment to see and will now. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just saw it. Great movie, wonderful script, good cast. I actually think Casey Affleck is a better actor than Ben but Ben did a great job directing. Amanda and Nathan should see this (without Katie present). Normally I figure out the endings but enjoy the ride anyhow; this continually changed directions without being contrived. That's tough to do and it was done well here. It's a great movie to discuss afterwards, when you start talking about what's right, who benefits, and who gets to decide. After Amanda and Nathan see it, we should discuss.

    ReplyDelete