Thursday, April 16, 2009

Saint Ralph

I saw this movie a few years ago, but it is so memorable that I would watch it again anytime. It is a coming of age story of a young teen-aged boy/man whose mother is dying (or not?) of cancer. He is in a Catholic boys school, trying to fit in and reconcile his heartbreak and hope with his mother but also his hormonal surges. There is a particularly funny scene of him and a buddy at the public pool trying to peek into the girls locker room. I laughed til I cried. He ends up running and taking a go at the Boston marathon. It is a funny, touching movie, many laugh-out-loud parts coupled with tearful and touching ones. I would love to think it is true but I don't think it is. A funny, heartwarming story - a near must for the runners in the family.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. Never heard of the film but will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete